Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day

For my MAMA:

Daughter and Mom
(Britt and Penni in Feb 05)


Mama,
Happy Mother’s Day 2006 !
Thought I would post a note on my Blog so everyone (the millions and millions) who check this site can know how much I love you and appreciate you :)

THANK YOU for showing me how God is in everything and cares about even the little things.
THANK YOU for demonstrating how to trust in God, even when we don’t understand His ways.
THANK YOU for your consistent prayers on my behalf over the years.
THANK YOU for letting me know that even if there are things I do or say that you don’t LIKE, you will always LOVE me.
THANK YOU for all the fun times and laughter over the years.
THANK YOU for the hugs when I was shedding tears.
THANK YOU that I can call you anytime about anything and I know I will have a listening ear (except I try not to call after 8:30) ;)

And I guess the biggest compliment I could give you is…..
May I turn out to be as great of a Mama for my kids as you are for me.
Happy Mother’s Day.
ILYCUTH, too!
Britt
p.s. – “Tears dried on my face while I wrote this” (well, my eyes were misty anyway)



For my Mother-in-Law:

The Wine goddesses
(Britt and Sherry in Sept 02)


Sherry,
When I would pray for my future husband, I did not think to pray for good in-laws. But God chose to BLESS me with a wonderful Mother-in-law as an added bonus to a wonderful husband. You have warmly embraced me as a part of your family. Thank you for being a Mother-in-law that I am truly HAPPY to spend time with whenever possible.
Happy Mothers’ Day with Love,
Britt
p.s. – and thanks for Dan :)

6 comments:

Keely said...

Can I copy/paste your sentiments and send them to my mom? :o) We're lucky to have such GODLY mothers who have prayed for us faithfully and passed down a legacy of unconditional love, prayer and wisdom. Happy Mother's Day!

kpjordan said...

Dear Brittsy,
(I posted a comment yesterday, but alas..it is in outerspace somewhere...never to be retrieved out of the black hole...so I am writing again...)

You humble me with your words. Thank you, Sweetie. You are one of 3 reasons motherhood was such a rich experience for me. You were/are truly a gift to me from my God.
I am eternally grateful that you and your brothers have chosen truth and to follow the one true God.
I greatly value you as a close friend...as a confidente`. I love laughing with you. You are so much fun.
You expressed the same thought I said to my own mom many years ago after I too, had become a mom. That being, the great mama you want to be... I see you, and I see what a great mama you ARE. God has blessed you with wisdom. I see the love you have for your precious little ones.
Thank you for all the joy you have provided me(and continue to do so) over the years. You are precious to me. I miss you...Mama

Anonymous said...

awwwwww . . . .

Anonymous said...

I think Julie means "ahhhhh". ;o)

Anonymous said...

no, ahhhhh is what you say when you've finally been able to go to the bathroom after waiting 200 miles in a car. awwwww is what we used to hear on the show Full House when something sweet would happen and the audience would say, awwwwwwwww (gag me)

Anonymous said...

Now. how did I think that Julie would comment on my comment?? I will be careful to never say "ahhhhh" when Julie is around. She would, for sure, go off on that!