Sunday, July 20, 2008

June 08 - Penni and Kevin Visit - Part 2 - Projects

PROJECT ONE
Rember that trip to Lowes?
Well, Kevin was making my (Britt) Birthday present. A game of Snake-Toss.
Ethan was a big help in the cutting and measuring. Kaylin got to help put the tape on.


Here it is. The final product (Well, 1/2 of it - the other "ladder" isn't in the picture)

Yes, I believe Krystin is picking her nose. But she is also pointing at the snake she just threw that caught on another snake.

One evening the Men battled the Women in a game of Snake Toss.

I won't mention who won both games (so go figure it wasn't MY team!) :)

We are dressed up nice because we had just been on an adults only date. We ate at the same Bistro Dan and I ate at for our anniversary. Great steak was had by all.
PROJECT TWO
Remember that back yard patio we have been working on for a year?
Dan had assembled the shed, and we had the flagstone. Now we just needed someone to lay it for us...... hmmm.... Kevin was here...... :)

In the picture below you can see our new swing. Dan assembled it a few days before Mom and Kevin arrived. I LOVE it. The kids and I read out there. I read out there. I nap out there.

Thanks for all your hard work, Kevin! You helped get us closer to our end goal!

(BTW - Dan DID work hard on laying the stone, too. I just don't have a pic of him)

(Oh - and I guess I should give myself some credit, too. I hauled quite a few stones from the pallet in the driveway to the back yard with the help of our little red wagon.)

No comments: