So to distract us from the sadness of leaving family, we went into the city!
Recognize this place? Place Bellecour.
What is Britt drinking? Mini pop?
And by the way, the pastry dessert I am eating was Almong flavored with Almond paste filling for those of you (Kevin) who might care. It was very tasty!
Here is the pastry shop we bought lunch from.
Dan was by now pictured out and the sun was in his eyes. So much for the romantic river pic. Oh well. Looking back at these pics I realize that shirt is not flattering of my mid-section anyway :)
Walked through this well-known "strip mall".
(Trey and Kari probably are cringing at that description, but that is what it reminded me of...)
Much more impressive in-person. The gold just gleams in the sun and the architectural details very impressive.
Back in Rochetaille neighborhood, Trey and Kari took their pack mules (Dan and Britt) to Intermarche to get a "few" things....
Kari with the heavy paper products and Trey with his sack of light goods (chips, croutons, marshmallows, feathers....)
Anyway, I really wish we would have gotten a picture of Dan and his 80 pound sack of potatoes, watermellon, and bricks - and me carrying the grill bricketts and liquid laundry soap!
At least Trey and Kari took good care of their pack mules.
Homemade pizza was delicious. Even the imaginary black olives on the first one! ;)
(Trey was SURE they were on there b/c he was sure that pan was the pizza he did. At least he was sure until he took the 2nd pizza out of the oven .... with black olives) :)
our long-awaited trip was over.
Just like that.
Au-revouir, Lyon!
(sorry if I mispelled that - I am back in Mommy mode and only have a few minutes left of nap time - so no time to look it up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment