Friday, October 17, 2008

October - Paci Party


The Set Up:

Due to one major event after another happening in our family, it was hard to find a "good" time to make Krystin give up her Paci. But after arriving back from France, we finally said it was time.

(Ok - so part of it was Mom's reluctance to give up the joy of being able to "put a plug in it" - but I was well aware that I did NOT want a THREE year old with a paci. One should note that having a third child DID lax my previous position on having a TWO year old with one :)
Anyway, so after a few days of talking up to Krystin how she was getting to be a big girl and only babies use pacies, we decided to have a Paci Party.

Below are the incentives to follow through with the paci party :)


Look at those dark eye/eyebrows.

At this point, I was a little nervous it might not go well...

But fortunately she pulled through :) :) :)

On the way to the trash with one of the Pacis.

Look how proud she is of herself :)

After each one (I had her make 4 trips) I had her say: "Bye Paci. I'm a big girl!"

There they are.

(no - I do not normally line each layer of trash with paper towels. But come on - I knew I would blog about this and who wants to see our real trash?!?)
Enjoying the party prizes.


The little Ty beanies came with passwords to play games on the computer.
1st night sleeping without a paci :) :(
She did really well, but you could tell she was pretty sad that first night. However, she has been a trooper and never once asked for her paci back.
(And Mom is doing well, too - thank you very much!)

Kaylin was still awake when I took the above picture so she wanted one of her taken.

I figured I would throw it in because it turned out cute - and this gorup of 4 postings focuses mainly on E and Krys.

No comments: