Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ethan's First Soccer Game ('09 catch up - part 5)

GO LEOPARDS!!!

On Saturday, March 21, Ethan had his first soccer game!
We went through the "Upwards" league. It is a Christian league that emphasizes fun and sportsmanship. AND scripture memory! There is a short devotion at each practice and game.
Ethan has practice Wednesday nights and 1 game on Saturday mornings.
It is a 4 on 4 league with no goalie.
(I think the score was 3-4. But not sure as official score is not kept and I was doing a little "sister soccer" officiating on the side when Ethan wasn't playing)
Dan and I were proud of Ethan. He did a good job of chasing after the ball and paying attention.
He stopped the ball a couple times and even got to throw the ball back into play once (see below videos)

Ethan on far left for both pics


The cheer section
Dad sideline coaching Ethan
The man and woman on the left are Ethan's coaches.



1/2 time devotions

(I am realizing that it looks like there are only girls on his team. But the other 2 boys are hidden on the left hand side of this pic)

The Kropfs are playing soccer, too.
So we celebrated our first game by going out to Wendy's together afterwards.









No comments: