Sunday, July 12, 2009

June 2009

Okay. So I know there are several of you anxiously awaiting the Iowa trip pics.
But first, I needed to finish posting some pics that I didn't get before we left on vacation.
So this is one massive post updating you on our lives during June... pre-Iowa trip.
I'll try and post Iowa pics this week.
Stay tuned..... :)

Ethan's last day of 1st grade - Wednesday, June 3rd

All school picnic before the early release



They had baby chics hatch in their classroom.


Last walk home from school


Pseudo-Cousins
These 6 kids have grown up together (granted, that isn't exactly a Loooong time).
Unfortunately Ethan, Kaylin, and Krystin have no cousins living close to us, :( :(
but Emmy, Brooke (formerly Mandy) and Tyler fill in nicely :)
Tyler (3), Krystin (3 1/2), Brooke (almost 5), Kaylin (5), Emmy (6), and Ethan (7)
(note - my girls are slouching a bit)






Watching a Land Before Time video
(They all have a dinosaur in their hand)



A brief still shot.....
.... and they're OFF!


Waiting to try out the Slip-n-Slide

Fudgecicle break
(Kaylin is pointing to some dark clouds, very worried about possible lightning)
Slip-n-Slide Video





MISC PICS


With birthday money, Ethan bought a Nintendo video game, 2 Transformers, and Candyland. (Mom is thrilled.... not really. But fortunately the game isn't quite as bad as I remember it :)
Kaylin bought a bunch of Littlest Pets and these Pop Beads
Mom bought this Curious George game just because.
It's the new favorite!


Papa came out for a few weeks visit while he (finally) finished physical therapy.
He "taught" the kids how to perform back surgery.
(Trey - I don't know what is taking you so long to get through Osteo school?! My kids all 3 became surgeons in a day!) ;)
It is a very detailed process - complete with anesthesia, swabbing with anticeptic, removing a bad spot, swabbing for blood, stitching, taping, and waking the patient.
I may have left out a step or two - but then again, I did not enroll in the course :)




All 3 kids take turns. They each like being the patient and the doctor/assistent/nurse.

Papa was leaving for a weekend camping trip.
The kids didn't want him to go :)





3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Are you sure Papa didn't have a 'massage' step somewhere in that back surgery process? Seems to me like the surgery may have been a somewhat complex means-to-an-end ;)

kpjordan said...

Love the picture of Ethan, Kaylin, Krystin from behind, holding hands and walking home from school. Soooo reminds me of 3 other little siblings who were best friends growing up. This morning I was thinking...I can't believe it's been 5 days already since your family left. It all went too fast. But Sherry is coming over on Thur and we will commiserate. :o(

Senegal Daily said...

I love that picture of the last walk home from school. Totally frame-worthy.