Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sand Dunes - August 2009

We went camping one weekend with our good friends Bill and Marci and their 5 girls.
We arrived just before lunch. As the previous night's campers were still in our spot, we hung out and ate lunch their campsite - just nextdoor :)







After lunch it was time to set up our site
We went wading at a local little pond






Bless Kaylin's heart.
She tried SO hard to catch a fish for supper :)

The Sand Dunes as viewed from our campsite.
See the line of people on the near dune? That is the dune we climbed after we had a cheese and cracker snack after the wading.


"Are you coming?"

At the summit

It was windy at the top, and the very fine sand was blowing

Along the ridge
The grove of trees was our campsite.
See our blue van at the bottom? It was a tall mound of sand.
I tell ya, if I climbed that puppy once a day, I would have buns and legs of steal!
Speaking of buns, I love the butt-prints in the sand ;)






Happy Camper.
Dan has wanted to visit the dunes for a long time.

Hot Dog roasting time
Marci and Bill with their youngest and oldest


The "roaster".
Why is he not happy to be holding 4 marshmallows?
Probably because this is his 3rd or 4th batch. The kids kept dropping or burning them, so he took over :)
Dan brought our tub-o-personal info-paper-trash to burn.
We heard a large group of coyotes howling around 11:00 pm.
Kinda scary, and WAY cool :)

When we go camping, I prep and pack the food. But Dan usually ends up being the chef.
Especially in the morning.
Here he is cooling off a cup of hot cocoa for the kids.
Ethan and Kaylin woke up around 6:30 (I dozed back asleep.... someone had to stay in the tent with Kaylin, right?)


When Kaylin and I did wake up, my wonderful husband poured me a cup of already brewed coffee.

He even fried the ham


Enjoying the hot chocolate

Very content little boy
Camping breakfast of chamions.
Hot Chocolate, Hot Ham, grapes, and muffins


Entertaining themselves while the parents packed up
(I think they were rock babies....)




No comments: