Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sept 09 - Misc

I believe she was pretending to be Pharaoh.
(towel is a whip and pillow a shield)

Last trip to the Christian bookstore I found a series of Adventure in Odessy Cd's.

The kids like to cuddle in bed together and listen to them at bedtime

Why are they covering their eyes with their fingers?
I don't know.
But using Ethan's beginner erector set, they made up a "board game"
called "Aliens" Weird shaped bolts are your "alien" and you have to move them across the board, which is full of dangerous things waiting to happen, or ships to take you past the bad parts.
Personally, I have NO idea how they keep all the rules and what happens on any particular space straight!

Master Builder


This one is for Kari.
A new set of goggles.
These came with a dino-dig kit



The kids like to draw on the whiteboard.
Here Kaylin drew me, on a hill, with earthworms in the dirt
(she is really into making sure all of her people are drawn with a belly button right now.)


Now, Ethan is not an artist. And writing non-fiction, or about his feelings/real life does not come easy.
But man. You get that boy on the topic of math, or give him free reign to invent a make believe story, and he will surprise you!

Sorry, I don't know what the story was, but this was the illustration that Ethan drew.
(It had something to do with numbers and an angry sun hiding.....)
(oh - pink numbers are girls, blue were boys, I remember)


2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Yay for g00gles! I love those.

I listen to Adventures in Odyssey for freeon their website (lots of them!) or download the free episode MP3 each month to listen while running.

Connie's my favorite.

kpjordan said...

I may still have an old set of AIO on cassette in the basement. Seeing Krystin reminds me I work with children her age. I'm so thankful she is at home, rather than in a preschool that is 4 full days/week. Love the art work....Ethan's is very interesting. Would be curious to know what it is all about. I'm sure it all makes perfect sense in his mind.