Friday, September 03, 2010

Summer 2010 Re-Cap

Wel........  Re-Cap MINUS our Colorado Springs Trip.
That'll take a whole post all of its own!
Sorry I've been a bit remiss in posting this summer. 
We've been busy.
But here are a few highlight pics for you.


The kids enjoy playing around the house and using their creativity to play games with rules and dialogue only beknownst to them :)

Summer of Bikes!
Did I already post how Kaylin learned to ride on her second day trying???
The first time out, Dad helped her ride around the school track for about an hour.
She made it up to 186 pedals and 3 curves by herself.
That was in May.
Over a month later, she wanted to ride, so I got out her bike.
I verbally gave her a few pointers and......
She's riding in the street (cul-de-sac) in front of our house.
yay!
Ethan's new bike he got for his birthday.
The end of May/most of June was SO wet and cold and windy,
this was the first chance I got to photograph him on it!
(I didn't even get a photo of Sweetie's first trip without training wheels.  You know - the cute shots of Dad helping her.  I figured there would be a next time.  :(

Grandpa and Grandma Collingwood came out for the 4th of July
Don't worry.
Dan shared the sparklers with the kids :)
See Ethan's arms?
That and skipping are signs he is HA-PPY :)

Papa and my Uncle Bob were able to stop in for a surprise visit!
We managed to work in a game of Ticket to Ride.
And of course a few tickles!
(And "Hop on Pop")

My favorite spot has also now become Hershey's favorite spot.
Saying good-bye to Grandma  :(


Of course, there was yellow pool time



Speaking of pool.....
The kids took swim lesson this summer.
All 3 did really well.
When we were in the hotel pool on vacation, Ethan and Kaylin were swimming all over the place!


Couldn't resist posting this cute pic of Krystin :)
(whose shirt says 4.... wish she'd stay that age!)

Ethan still likes Dad to carry him up to bed sometimes ;)

I don't have the disposable camera pictures from camping loaded on the computer....
but here is what the van looked like.
We made it TWO nights in a row.
Up in the mountains on some friend's from church property. 
There were 4 of us families and it was Super-Duper fun.

Notice anything different???
Ethan's first top tooth came out when Dad was brushing his teeth just before bed on August 3rd.
About 10 days later, while eating licorice and playing Wii,
His other top-front tooth came out.


Here's a close up of his toothless mouth!  :)

I'll try and post Colorado Springs pics before winter!  :)
But for now, enjoy these.

Gotta go.
Homeschool in full swing, ya know!

1 comment:

kpjordan said...

Love the pic of Krystin in the pink hat! Very cute. Very nice family pic in front of the church. Like your sun dress, Susie!