Wednesday, August 03, 2005

MISC July Pics


7/16 - Ethan drew his first smiley face all by himself. I wasn't even aware he was trying until he was all done!


7/20 - Kaylin and Ethan using their watering cans form Grandma Collingwood to water our 3 flower pots out front. I had the creative idea of drilling holes in the bottom of tin pails/watering can and using them for pots. I was trying to grow wild flowers. Operative word being "trying". It got too hot and too busy to stay ahead of watering and the wild flowers died. Dan and i like to say of our outside landscaping that we are raising Kids, not grass...or flowers.... or anything really, if it is not self-sustaining on MINIMAL effort :)


7/24 - It was a windy night and Kaylin woke up scared. I put her in bed with Ethan for a few minutes and she fell back asleep. Ethan is a very good older brother... "What's the matter, Sweetie? It's OK" (pat, pat, pat) Warms a mother's heart :)


7/25 - Kaylin in her cute outfit and top ponytail


July 25 - I have a Garden!!!! This year a friend of mine asked a few other women if we wanted to go in together on a large garden at her house. We planted it mid-May. This night i took Ethan with me to pick produce. His favorite was digging up potatoes. I must say that for a 3 year old he was a diligent helper :)


View of the Garden from the other end. Zucchini on left, then Tomatoes, Green Beans, and Potatoes on far right.


1st major produce from the garden. Green Beans, Red Potatoes, Kohlrabi, and Zucchini. (This is proof I don’t kill EVERYTHING green!) J


Britt is now 6 months pregnant as of July 31st

No comments: