Monday, August 27, 2007
Today was the big day. Our firstborn went off to school! :) :(
Fortunately, Kindergarten is only 1/2 day - and Ethan goes in the mornings.
His school is within a ten minute (with 2 sisters in tow) walking distance.
The first 1/2 of the walk to school Ethan was happy and excited, but I could tell that as we got closer, the realization that he was going to school, and not just on a walk, was starting to sink in. We held hands the rest of the way. Although he was a bit apprehensive, he walked on like a trooper! I was SO proud of Ethan. He did not whine or even cry a little bit. After our 3 hugs goodbye at the classroom door, he went in and sat at the table like he was supposed to. Such a big boy :) Then the girls and I started our walk home. Krystin was dwadling even more than usual, so I went to pick her up. (this usually creates a squeel to be let down) But instead she let me hold her. I said "It is OK. Ethan is at school. We will see him at lunch. Do you miss him?" And she put her head on my shoulder! :( Sweet in a sad way.
Ethan's classroom is on the other side of the left-handed section.
Going to pick up Ethan.
Ethan wearing his nameplate. (This helps the teacher know which kids ride the bus and which are being picked up by parents)
Krystin thought she could pull E and Kay.
(she did - with the help of Mom pushing from behind!)
I WISH this picture had turned out better! But my batteries were really low and I didn't have enough power to run the flash! Still a cute pic, though :) This was while they were waiting on lunch. And if you are wondering.... Ethan was sent off to school with a cheesy-scrambled egg and wheat toast breakfast. Lunch was his choice - hot dogs and mac cheese and nectarines.
4 comments:
Great commentary along with the great pics, Brittsy. Thank you for sharing Ethan's first day of school with us. So thankful his first day was such a positive experience. God gave you good things in Ethan's teacher, his enthusiams for school, and your ability to stay composed when sending him off into the world...but in God's loving, capable hands. You're a good mama, and Dan is a good dad. Love you, Mama
Such a big day. I'm glad you have lots of pics. I love the ones I took of Makenna and Austin on their first days of Kindergarten. Everyhing goes faster and faster from here on!
Enjoy,
Lori
Ethan,
Have a wonderful year at school. YOu are growing so fast. I am glad your Mama shares all these pictures of you and your sisters.
Love,
Grandma's sister, Deb
Another phase has been entered and it's bittersweet. I remember those times well, Britt. Enjoy them as much as you can.
Love you,
Aunt Dee
Post a Comment