We interrupt the previously scheduled posting of Grandparents' visits in June to bring you a very important announcement....
WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER OF THE FAMILY !!!
That's right!
Mr. and Mrs. Collingwood, Congratulations, it's a....
FISH!
A Betta fish, to be more precise.
A Birthday party favor to be even more specific. Fortunately my good friend Jenny will remain my good friend Jenny as she asked me if it would be OK before the party for her 4 year old daughter :)
I had been thinking about getting the kids a fish for awhile - a responsibility thing and I do believe I have more of a love for animals (certain kinds) then I used to think I did.
Anyway, here are the kids looking at the fish just after getting back from the splash park birthday party.
Don't worry, we determined to set out the next day (today-Monday) to find him a good home. (Credit to Jenny - she did provide a bowl and food - but we wanted a bit bigger bowl)
Which we did at the local PetMart.
Doesn't Shimmer look happier now?
And yes - that is his name - "Shimmer" - or - "Shim" for short. Since the kids didn't have any name ideas, I came up with "Shark Bait", Shimmer, or Tiger, and let them choose.
2 comments:
Welcome to the fam, Shim!
Will Shim be participating in the Roth family Christmas exchange? If so, we need to know asap and email everyone. ;)
Kari,
Unfortunately, Shim is too young to hold a job and thus, has no money of his own. He will NOT be participating in the Christmas exchange - please forward the ammended the email :)
Post a Comment