Thursday, August 07, 2008

June 08 - Lyle & Sherry Visit - Water Park

Disclaimer - These pics were taken on a disposable camera - so quality not that great, sorry.
This was the BIG DAY!!!
Sherry and Britt had been wanting to get to the water park in town for years now. But little ones kept coming along and delaying our plans!
Finally. Here we are (Minus picture taker Britt) shortly after arriving. The park had a wonderful kiddie area. Little slides for toddlers and bigger slides for Ethan's age. The whole area was in 6-18 inches of water.

We got to the park around Noon, and Kaylin was exhausted, so after about an hour, she needed a nap. Grandpa stood gaurd while both girls rested.

Meanwhile, Dan and Britt raced down a water slide.

Look who Sherry caught on film winning.... ;)When Dan got tired of losing ;), He and I took Ethan on 2 of the bigger rides.

Then we met back up at "camp", woke up Kaylin, and had a quick snack of waffle fries and lemonade.

It was then time for the Lazy River.

I think this ended up being a favorite for everyone. Ethan and Kaylin liked going by the waterfalls.

Ethan, Grandma, Dad, Kaylin, Grandpa


Attempt at getting a long arm shot while holding a 2 year old, precariously perched on an innertube, floating quickly on 3.5 foot deep water, with young kids roaring past.

Not bad, I'ld say :)

While I was holding her (and getting separated form rest of group because I could not control speed or diretion with her on my lap) she started to squirm and wanted off.
Great, I thought. She doesn't like it. But then we got off and she was whining and complaining.
Then it dawned on me - she wanted her OWN raft. So back we went to get a kid-sized tube and I walked beside her. It was a much better ride :)

Ethan enjoying his favorite slide

Krystin enjoying her favorite slide Here I am standing at the top of the 3 big-kid slides platform overlooking the kiddie area.

You can see Kaylin (blue suit) just getting off her favorite ride - the yellow straight slide.

Can you spot everyone (minus Britt) ?!?

It was a GREAT experience. Everyone had fun. The kids did great and we ended up staying until 6 o'clock! I didn't think they would make it that late and close to supper.

Of course, Gpa and Gma DID get them a dippin' dots treat just before leaving.

Then we hit Wendy's on the way home.

Oh - And Thanks again Lyle and Sherry, for supervising the kids in kiddie pool while Dan and I got to enjoy a few Adult rides! :)

No comments: