Yes. I am aware that the 4th of July is in JULY and not June of 08. But as Lyle and Sherry started their trip in June, I am categorizing it with June pictures. There. Now you know ;)
Anyway, to get on with important matters -
We had a wonderful 4th of July. It is a special holiday to us. Lyle and Sherry met on July 4th. Dan proposed to me on the 4th. And I have always loved fireworks :)
The day started out with fun Geo Trax time with Grandpa.
(You know - you throw them down and they pop. I tried to scar... startle my kids and Dan, but I didn't succeed. I'm sure if Trey or Jesse were around they would have gotten me)
Iowa roots run deep
I love how we are all interconnected.
(Normal bedtime is 7:30)
Anyay - to pass the time after supper the kids played in the pool.
A few moments of peace enjoying our new swing
No rest for Grandmas.
It was actually very sweet. Somehow, (story too long) Grandma became a Dragon and the 3 kids would chase her with their watering cans and she would chase them. I never figured out all the "rules" ... I was too busy relaxing on the swing and enjoying from a distance! :)
Strawberry Shortcake - A family favorite.
Grandma had the great idea of adding blueberries to make it more festive.
Set up and ready for the fun to begin.
The kids are eating special sprinkle cookies they made with Grandma.
No. Grandma isn't old enough to nod off this early. She was looking down to fix her jacket sleeve ;)
Poor brave, brave Kaylin.
She WANTS to enjoy the fireworks. But has yet to make it through enjoying them. When she was 2 I spent the entire time (after the 1st BOOM) in the van with her and 8 month old Krystin. When she was 3 she was going to be "so brave". She was. Just with ear plugs in her ears and her eyes closed the whole time :)
This year I thought we would make if for sure. I had the ear plugs. But alas - she was too tired and just as they were starting demanded that I take her to the van.
Fortunately, Krystin was wanting to stay out and watch - but wanted on MOM's lap. So Dan took Van duty with Kaylin this year.
This is how I found them when the show was over :)
1 comment:
Britt, I love the glow stick picture!! Was great fun journeying through your time with Lyle and Sherry. You posted a lot of fun shots...very, very cute. Sure do miss you all.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment