Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lyon Trip - Part 2

This will be a fairly short post as it is getting late here.
But yesterday we (Trey, Kari, Dan and I) went to see Bellecour - a shopping district with a central open area. Usually there are numerous trees, but they are doing restoration projects at this time. Sorry, I do not know what this statue is of/for. In the background you will see the Basillica. In the foreground is a white, egg shaped "rent-a-bike". No, we did not rent one - we walked and rode buses and rode the metro (subway).

On our way to eat supper. I took this picture so the kids could see what street signs look like in Lyon. Names of streets are usually posted on the buildings by street intersections. The arrow signs in the picture below represent which way to a certain section of town or a landmark. These signs are more prominent than "street" signs.

Supper.

Eating Turkish Kabobs. Veal meat with lettuce, tomato and a dill cucumber sauce - served with fries. Very tasty.



After supper we went up to the Basillica and viewed the city below.

Back at the bottom of the hill, across the river, and awaiting a bus to take us back to the house.

This is the view looking back up at the Basillica.

Today.

Jesse, Julie, and Renae arrived!
Here we are waiting at the bus stop just across the Saone to take us to Madame Fenet's in St Foy. St Foy (I may be spelling it wrong) is where Trey and Kari first lived in France, and close to where they currently live during the school year.



For part of the trip we had to take the Metro
Here we are at Madame Fenet's.
Great French Food.

After lunch we visited the Roman Amphitheater.

Back at the house, Kari fixed us a great supper - some Moroccan dish I think (sorry - too late and too tired to remember) - anyway - it was good :) There was cabbage, red pepper, carrots, and green beans in tasty raisin/clove/curry/etc... sauce. Served over cous cous.

Dan did dishes.




1 comment:

kpjordan said...

fabulous blogging, Brittsy. Don't know how you have the time. I wasn't expecting much, if any blogging from any of my daughters during your time together in France. Love you, Mom