Tuesday, December 02, 2008

November 08 - MISC


Okay.
So with this posting, I believe I am all caught up!
Next posting might not be until January when I post Christmas pics.
(So be forwarned - and any postings I do now will be a surprise bonus) ;)

With Daylight Savings done (or is it here? I can't remember - but with the time change....)

ANYWAY..... Now that it gets dark earlier we have resumed a favorite Family Fun Night activity: "Animal Hunt"

This game started when Kaylin was a baby and I would hide a few plastic animals in the tiny Laundry Room for Ethan to find with his flashlight.

It has since evolved to the kids waiting in the Bonus Room with buckets and flashlights in hand while Dan and I hide 10-15 plastic animals in the Living Room. Then we turn off all the lights and go get the kids and chant "We're goin' on an Animal Hunt, an Animal Hunt, an Animal Hunt"

They come running out and see how many animals they can find with their flashlights. One of the coveted animals is the pteridactal (I am sure I butchered that spelling) - Dad always hides it somewhere up really high!


Dan and I have been enjoying the Playstation Game "Rock Band" lately.

(FYI: Usually he plays lead guitar and I play bass. Sometimes one of us will sing. --- I can NOT do the drums because you have to play a beat ahead of the beat and as a drummer that drives me crazy!)

The kids like to watch us sometimes (although we have to be careful which songs we play then) and so one day I got out their instruments and let them pretend to play along with me. They got to take turns "playing" the guitar.





Rainy Day
The kids were so excited when it was rainy enough one day to warrant umbrellas to pick Ethan up from school.



Only to get home and want to play in the rain :)








This picture is just priceless :)
(Pro coffee pot watcher with his protege)




Last night in the Toddler Bed :(
Because......



The girls got Bunk Beds!!!


Why is Ethan in their room sleeping on his new Lightning McQueen airbed?!?!
-- AND --
Who drew stencils for 2 hours straight with these precious children one morning?



Who bought them each slippers so their feet were warm in the morning?
(sorry no pic of slippers at this point....)


Who spoiled them with fudge from "Cabelas"?


Who is teaching Ethan to play Chess??


Sorry folks. I am not at liberty to officially post info on this person - so you will just have to guess who it is ;)
But let's just say we are all very excited this person has come for a visit!
(I even got a new coffee pot out of it ;)
(but it wasn't his fault - the real story is that our coffee pot was getting old and it just quit working)

Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Collingwood for the Thanksgiving cards, stickers, and books!

You'll be happy to know, Sherry, that even your son enjoyed the books! ;)



3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Thanks for the update on your family and mysterious guest :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful parents you and Dan are!
Aunt Deb

kpjordan said...

love the Animal Hunt game! I'm sure the kids get really excited when anticipating this game!