That's how long these shoes ran today.
26.2 miles is the distance.
That is an average of just under 10 minutes per mile.
But these shoes did have help --- From this 32 year old man :)
Dan ran the "Famous Idaho Potato Marathon".
We are SO proud of him!
This pic was taken just before the start of the race.
Arriving at Lucky Peak around 7:30 this morning.
Pre Run Stretches
The starting line
(I was trying to coordinate the following pic...)
Look in the background and you can see most of the runners looping around Sandy point beach.
If you enlarge the picture, you can see Dan (in blue shirt) just to the right of the No Parking sign on the right hand side of the pic.

... We were able to surprise cheer Dad on! :)
The building you see on the left is the Arrowrock Diversion Dam (for the irrigation canal system)
Anyway, that was about the 2 mile marker point where........
... We were able to surprise cheer Dad on! :)
We had been up early and had not had breakfast yet! :)
And THEN we rushed to Ethan's last soccer game.
(about an hour away)
He did great! A couple throw ins, a kick in, and he even got to have the starting kick after a goal.
AND he kicked the ball during the game!
Way to go Ethan!
THEN we RUSHED back to see Dad cross the finish line.
We (thank the Lord) made it about 10 minutes before Dad did!
It was a busy, busy, rush, rush morning!
I told the kids we should have made US "Go Go GO" signs! :)
The Final Stretch!
Enlarge the pic and you see Dan on the far left.
(The clock shown was from the very start of the race, but Dan didn't cross the starting line until about 8:01. So according to his time tracker on his ankle, he ran the race in 4 hours, 13 minutes, and 59 seconds!)

The Final Stretch Cheer Squad :)

The kids ran to greet him after he got his medal
The Final Stretch Cheer Squad :)
The kids ran to greet him after he got his medal
4 comments:
Great! Congrats Dan- and Ethan! I'm not so sure I could do either of those physical feats. It's been too long (...hmmm, that actually reminds me of an Akon song- yep, he's got SN roots).
-Jonathan
Wow...what an accomplishment, Dan! Great post, Britt. Dan looks like he did finish strong! I, too am proud of him. Great family support, Britt...I so appreciate that you teach your children to support and honor their dad. I can feel your excitement and pride in Dan, in your posting. Wish we could have been there.
Not sure how I missed this post, but I've found it now! Dan, that time is great! I'm really impressed. Thanks for the update, Britt. (Go Britt Go!)
way to go dan!!!
Post a Comment