About 4 months ago, I felt God was laying it on my heart to homeschool.
I like our elementary.
I love Ethan's teacher.
Public school is going just fine.
But the idea of homeschooling has kept popping up over the last 2 years - and specifically a strong nudging over the past 4 months.
So Dan and I prayed about it.
God seemed to keep giving me confirmation after confirmation that I was supposed to do this next year.
So with the curriculum (from alpha omega) decided upon and it being on a 20% off sale in April,
Dan and I made the final decision to try homeschooling next year.
Don't know if it will be just next year, or longer.
But that is the decision for now and I thought you'ld like to know :)
The Curriculum
(minus Ethan's Math)
(Oh - and their "desks", too!)
I really like the idea of using "unit studies" for the history/science portions.
I can teach Ethan and Kaylin at the same time/same topic and it is more hands on "fun" learning.
I also really like this publisher because it is very much a Bible-based curriculum.
I'm excited that "Bible" will be a subject listed on my children's school schedule!
And in case you are wondering -- Prayer will very much be in this school! :)
And just 1 example of a confirmation from God? ...
The garage sale I just had made enough to cover the cost of the curriculum :)
(not chump change, people!)
1 comment:
So wonderful to know God's leading, and then confirmation/affirmation after obedience. We will be praying for you. Also, am very excited, knowing that God has a purpose for leading you in this direction.
Post a Comment