Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers' Day 2009

My alarm went off at 7:30.
Time enough to shower, get ready, make breakfast, and help kids get ready before church.
Dan wasn't in bed. He rarely gets up before me on Sunday mornings.
Kaylin came in about that time and cuddled.
Next thing I knew I heard the front door open and Dan came up the stairs with a real coffee mocha! It was great! He had woken up extra early to shower and run to the store.
While I showered he made muffins, bacon, and strawberries for breakfast :)
Sunday morning before church.
If you zoom in, you can see the pin Ethan made me :)

Kaylin made this in preschool.

Krystin made me a handprint in S.S.
Later that afternoon we (Dan, Ethan, and Kaylin) played some snaketoss.
I didn't get any pics of us playing - but here is the ladder:)


Yep.
The play mower and weedwacker are at it again ;)
Kaylin is the fastest mower I've ever seen!


Krystin making some mechanical adjustments to the wacker.

Krystin had a lot of fun just bee-bopping around all afternoon :)


short rest

Kaylin found this lilac shoot growing up behind the front fence.
She gave it to me for Mothers Day.



Girls were best buds all afternoon.

Did you spy this alligator in the above snake toss pic?
This and the mower provided at least an hour of imaginative entertainment for the girls!

For supper we went out to Arctic Circle for burgers and ice cream!


4 comments:

kpjordan said...

I'm so glad you were honored by all your family on Mother's Day. You truly are a wonderful mom. I'm very proud of you, Susie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,

Thanks for the updated pictures and blog. I think that THE ATOM should be included in any science curriculum. Maybe I could home school you. I Love You. I also agree with your mom that you, from personal observation, are a wonderful mother. Love, PAPA

Senegal Daily said...

So, are lilacs kind of the unspoken mandatory lawn bush for Mom's 3 kids? ;)

Anonymous said...

Why yes.... yes it is.
Fortunately for me, lilacs are easy to grow :) BO-NUS!