MacBride and Collingwood Siblings Date Night
The day started off with Grandpa loading up their kayaks.
We were headed to Lake MacBride for water fun, a picnic,
and then on to look at the Raptor Center.
Dan decided he prefers the canoe. I think with a better lower back support, I prefer the kayak.
While Dan and I were out on the water, Gpa and Gma took the kids for a short hike along the lake.....

... or a "carry". Whatever got the job done :)

Canoe One
... or a "carry". Whatever got the job done :)
Canoe One
(guess who had the camera?)
What a view.


I think Dan was explaining to Ethan how water made the crack over time.
I think Dan was explaining to Ethan how water made the crack over time.
He needed a vacation.

(note the sign in the background ;)

After all that hard work we rewarded ourselves with bombpops for the kids and lemonade slushies for the adults.



Great Horned Owl

Bar Owl
Kaylin was now with Grandma and me.
(Gma found out why Ethan had been so squeely in front of Kaylin before. Her paddling produced quite the splashing!)
After all that hard work we rewarded ourselves with bombpops for the kids and lemonade slushies for the adults.
Great Horned Owl
Bar Owl
(He looks like he wants to screech at you, doesn't he?)
Look how excited my children are in these posed shots!
Eagle Kaylin

Eagle Krystin
Also - thanks Mom for several of these pics.
Look how excited my children are in these posed shots!
By now they've learned that it is better to just go along with the shot and get it over with :)
Eagle Ethan
Eagle Kaylin
Eagle Krystin
It was a very pretty wooded trail.

Krystin again managed to hitch a ride :)

Kaylin and I had a really good walk together
Krystin again managed to hitch a ride :)
Kaylin and I had a really good walk together
... when she wasn't runnin' on ahead ;)

We stopped and looked at the lighting filtering down to the forrest floor
Then we looked up at the massive oak tree just in front of us

Poor Ethan. He was wanting to walk at a bit faster pace. But it looks like something on the trail entertained him while he had to wait for the girls to catch up.
We stopped and looked at the lighting filtering down to the forrest floor
Then we looked up at the massive oak tree just in front of us
Poor Ethan. He was wanting to walk at a bit faster pace. But it looks like something on the trail entertained him while he had to wait for the girls to catch up.
So Kaylin and I stopped again on the way back.

Krystin hitched a ride with me for awhile

Then she walked with Grandma :)

Here's a close up of the gooseberries I mentioned earlier

And here is Gma picking some gooseberries
While Gpa and Gma fed the kids and put them to bed,
Then she walked with Grandma :)
Here's a close up of the gooseberries I mentioned earlier
And here is Gma picking some gooseberries
But with so many pics to post, I am not going to redo it!)
Relaxing back at the house
Chicken noodle soup.
Here she is enjoying it
While Gpa and Gma fed the kids and put them to bed,
Dan and I had a really fun time getting together with his siblings and their spouses.
First stop?
First stop?
Carlos O'Kellys
I can never choose between the Vera Cruz (seafood enchilada) or the Chicken Picada.
He let me have both entrees as one meal. I got a discount since I said to hold the rice and beans.
I. Was. Happy.
(and not just because of the huge margarita, people!)
The group
The group
Chris and Christina, Jacque and Dave, Dan and Me :)
Back to Mom and Kevin's to play a game in the basement.
What game, do you ask?
One Christina found on Ebay that the 3 of them played growing up:
SOLAR QUEST
2 comments:
Susie, so fun to relive the time with you through this post. ("bar" owl? he looks like he's been to the bar).
Yes, Dan really does look relaxed. Thankful he could do that as I know he works so hard. Also, you look great in all the photos. Sure was generous of Dan to let you get both entrés at Carlo's. Looked like you and he were having a great time on your date.
In all, it WAS a fun time, wasn't it!
Miss you all.
Two entrées. Now THAT is love.
- K
Post a Comment