Sunday, August 02, 2009

Iowa 09 Trip - Tuesday 6/30 - Mark and Erin

Mid-Afternoon I took the kids to visit my best friend from high school - Erin.
(Dan headed to his parents house to check up on work emails)
Erin and her husband Mark have 4 kids.
Aleck, Haley, Charlotte, and Lewis.

Snack time for the gang

Haley kindly read the girls a story

This is Lewis. He is going to be quite the character!


Aleck and Ethan share a love for the game of chess
Charlotte and Krystin hit it off nicely

It was fun watching my friend interact with her baby.
Erin is SUCH a good Mom!


Two sweet girls: Kaylin and Haley

Aleck is SUCH a mini-Mark.
I asked him to look like he was concentrating on the game so I could get a picture.
This is what he did: the over-acted "What should I do THERE" pose.
(I should note that Aleck is a very nice boy)

Charlotte
Haely took the girls down to the basement to show them their rodents... er, I mean hamsters - or gerbils - or whatever they are. Erin was always the all-animal lover ;)

Aleck giving Ethan a close up view


Just before we had to leave, we went out back to play in the sandbox and light sparklers

I like this shot. It shows all 7 kids.


I drove the kids back to Grandpa and Grandma Collingwoods, meeting up with Dan. I quickly freshened myself up because Dan and I were headed out to meet up with Mark and Erin for supper at Granite City. (Mark and Dan were good friends in H.S., too)
We had a blast! The evening went WAY too fast :(
Was great to see you Mark and Erin!


Wednesday, July 1st
This was a "Collingwood" Day. But it was spent just relaxing and I didnt' take very many pictures. However, Dan's Great-Great Aunt Laverna Hannum (age 97) drove from Ames so she could see us. I hope I'm like her in my 90's and don't lose my spunk, either!
Thanks for making the effort to see us Aunt Laverna - was great to see you :)
I did get one good pic of relaxing around the house.
Dan and Ethan had a great time playing "Mario Party" on the Wii
(thanks Chris and Christina for bringing it over!)

2 comments:

kpjordan said...

Absolutely love that last pic of Dan and Ethan!!! Great shot.

Senegal Daily said...

ok, one comment for all...nice pics. looks like you were successful in making the IA rounds.