Here is a closer look.....
So I (Britt) am sitting on the bonus room couch taking a book break when Ethan comes in from the living room where he was playing with a car/helicopter building set.
He walks in and says: "Mom, I lost a tooth". Before I glance up from my book I'm thinking "Yah right. He's pretending and playing a game." Fully prepared to play along for a bit I look up and see that he looks concerned and a bit teary eyed..... and holding something in his hand.
Then I think, "Great. He must have hit his mouth on the wooden rocking chair or something."
Nope. Unbeknownst to me - or anyone else - he had had a loose tooth for a few days!
I guess he had been wiggling it and wiggling it and just yanked it out!
So brave. He hadn't told Dad or I about it and had been worried about it for a couple days. Then he just bravely yanks it out himself!
I informed him he could tell Dad or I next time (that he can tell Dad and I anytime anything is worrying him) .... and that it's OK to let the tooth fall out on its own :)
Kaylin's reaction?
"My big brother is growing up!"
:)
4 comments:
Oh, the poor boy! He must have been afraid. Guess he was not told that he would lose all his teeth and then get new ones? I love Kaylin's reaction! Yes, he is growing up.
No. We've talked about it. He had friends and classmates lose teeth last year. Just a change, something new :)
ewwww!!!! but way to go ethan! :)
Ah yes...a change; something new. Knowing Ethan, that explains his uneasiness with it.
Post a Comment